We deliver flexible, cost effective solutions for time-critical operations Across the UK
By utilising fully managed 4PL solutions we are able to strategically partner with you to provide a totally tailored logistics service, not constrained by existing vehicles and operations.
Our extensive experience in working within time-critical operations means that we are highly aware of the sensitivity of delivery timeframes and changing requirements that challenge businesses today. We are better able to anticipate these challenges and requirements and can therefore provide you with a responsive service, of the highest quality and value. Below is a summary of our services – if you would like a more in-depth view of what we offer then please visit our bespoke Logistics site by clicking here.
- Support in reducing operating costs
- Advising on improving process efficiency
- Managing your tender process through practical solutions and implementation support.
- Professional and reliable
- Regular or ad hoc requirements
- No out of hours surcharges.
- Fully flexible provision of quality resources with full drop size range
- Open book
- Independent of any providers
- Insured – full goods in transit cover
- Timely, accurate delivery throughout the life of the contract
- Available 24/7 x 365 days a year
- Consultancy services to reduce your operating costs, improve process efficiency or to manage a tender process.
- ISO 9001: 2008 Quality Management
- ISO 14001: 2004 Environmental Management System
- Detailed Service Level Agreements (SLA) and a comprehensive set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) implementation.
- All activity is logged and tracked
- Using postcode information to plan the optimal route and number and type of vehicles
- Driver routes including maps, itineraries and a summary
- Flexible systems to account for traffic conditions
- Management and control suppliers and costs.
Case study: Providing a direct to retail operation for a national newspaper group
We provide the direct to retail operation for the South Coast area and manage distributions centres in three locations nationally. This includes the operation of a distribution centre in Portsmouth from where over 40 vans (1,500kg Transit type vans) distribute to over 1,200 newsagents on a nightly basis between 2.30am and 6.30am.
We were heavily involved in the client’s change process with key roles to play in continuous improvement at all sites to provide a highly active efficiency management function. We assisted our client to develop and introduce a new distribution model which included:
- Designing the reporting
- Compiling the operating procedures
- Implementing ‘lean’ development of the existing operation to reduce the cost per copy.