We bring added value, productivity improvement and innovation to our clients’ businesses in the food & drink industry
We have an ever increasing presence in the food & drink sector, providing a comprehensive range of outsourcing services for ‘non core’ activities. This can make an enormous difference to the productivity and efficiency of your business, offering you the ability to focus on what you do best.
With over 30 years experience in the food manufacturing industry we are established specialists in our field offering bespoke solutions including: managed staff provision; fully managed process and productivity improvement projects; hygiene cleaning; bakery tin cleaning; facilities services; logistics and waste management. Below is a summary of our services – if you would like a more in-depth view of what we offer then please visit our bespoke Food site by clicking here.
- Temporary staff recruitment
- Staff records for each temporary employee
- Purchasing and stores management
- Legal standards
- Health & safety
- Operations management of all workers.
- General building and facilities management
- Grounds maintenance
- Plant and machinery maintenance
- Effluent plant maintenance.
- Cleaning schedules: including reviewing the effectiveness of existing schedules or developing new schedules from scratch
- Robust paperwork systems to improve ‘cost saving’ capabilities
- Specially trained operatives
- Highly trained operatives for work in confined space environments
- Same-day cleaning reports.
Bakery Tin Cleaning
- Maintenance and refurbishment of equipment
- Suitable for a variety of bread tins, French stick and pizza trays, muffin trays, cake tins etc.
- Repairs to baking tins, including welding if necessary
- Silicone glazing new tins and trays prior to bakery use
- Collection and delivery service across UK and Ireland.
Process Engineering & Equipment
- Bespoke design and manufacture of plant and equipment
- Equipment assessments
- Factory re-layout projects
- Engineered productivity improvements
- Engineered cost reductions
- Waste Management
- Least cost manufacturing through specialist engineering.
- Root cause analysis
- Problem solving techniques
- Process audit and analysis
- Process capability and stability
- Process monitoring and control
- Control planning
- Six Sigma analysis
- Lean manufacturing
- Waste analysis and reduction.
- Fully flexible provision of quality resources with full drop size range
- Open book
- Independent of any providers
- Insured – full goods in transit cover
- Timely, accurate delivery throughout the life of the contract
- Available 24/7 x 365 days a year
- Courier services available
- Consultancy services to reduce your operating costs, improve process efficiency or to manage a tender process.
- Provision of equipment
- Waste streams collected
- Confidential waste
- Specialist/hazardous waste collection
- Total waste management solutions.
Case study: The right ingredients to improve output levels and reduce staffing costs
Our client, based in Oldham and Bolton, primarily manufacture own label cut and slab, hot eating, Birthday, roll plant (chocolate and plain), custard tarts and a wide variety of decorated cakes, specialising in the quality of chocolate enrobing. They have the potential to use over 2,000 staff in seven bakeries.
- Managing the unloading and storage of all incoming ingredients
- Managing the movement of cakes to cold stores
- Washing over 100,000 trays per week
- Bakery hygiene
- Office cleaning
- Waste management
- Yard maintenance
- Recycling of cardboard and plastics
- Provision of temporary labour
- Stock audit prior to despatch.
- Improve flexibility and skill levels of the workforce
- Reduce labour turnover
- Reduce labour costs
- Reduce operational costs such as training and truck damage
- Improve service reliability
- Introduce predictability into the operation
- Improve Health & Safety management and compliance
- Improve worker and process productivity
- Revise the management structure to improve control and increase accountability.
- Provide up to 600 staff per day
- We carried out a detailed operational due diligence
- By implementing flexible contracts we completed additional tasks which had been previously given to outside contractors making additional savings
- We offer flexible, fully trained, committed staff with on-site management, reducing the numbers previously required whilst providing an improved service.