We deliver consummate operational and management expertise on a daily basis, for the UK’s leading newspaper manufacturers and commercial printers
We supply skilled and semi-skilled teams, together with their associated supervision and management, to run all or part of your production operation on a short or long-term basis. Our fully managed solution, together with our operational experience, can help improve your business performance and service levels, reduce costs and maximise flexibility.
We can offer the advantages and benefits that strategic outsourcing can bring, assisting with strategic shift through planned change management and using our extensive service delivery capability.
Our strategic approach considers the synergies between various cost centres and the effect they have on each other, and provides the appropriate support and action from our portfolio of services. The aim is to provide integrated management services that cover people, processes, equipment and infrastructure, freeing you up to run your core business. Below is a summary of our services – if you would like a more in-depth view of what we offer then please visit our bespoke Print site by clicking here.
How we operate
The quality of our management service distinguishes us from other outsourcing providers. Our management capability in print and support activities (HR, Health & Safety, Business Improvement) means we consistently deliver and build long term relationships.
We are able to increase resource flexibility and develop process and productivity improvements so as to reduce overall operating costs. And because all the teams we put in place are full Aktrion employees, you are protected from employment liabilities, costs and regulation administration.
We understand the interaction between the multiple operational functions within the print industry and offer an adaptive service that responds to the challenges and deadlines that are critical to business performance in this sector.
- Paper management
- Pressroom support services
- Pre-press support services
- Post press management
- Dispatch management
- Transport management
- Planned maintenance services
- Continuous improvement
- Consultancy and project management
- Change management
- Commercial training and development.
Case study: Headlines and deadlines: Working with the UK’s leading national newspaper titles
We work with the leading producer of newspapers within the UK with recognised household titles including The Times and The Sun. The company has made significant investment into dedicated print facilities at three main sites across the UK.
We provide over 400 people, or 60% of the resources required, across all three sites within the UK. The plants run 24/7, 364 days per year. We are heavily involved in the client’s change process and play a key role in driving continuous improvement.
We meet our customers’ requirements for:
- Establishing flexible working practices throughout the operations
- Implementing cost down solutions to resource management
- Managing the transition from old sites to new operations
- Three geographic locations
- Driving continuous improvement.
Scope of service
- All material handling requirements for the site, including Clamp, Counterbalance and Reach FLT’s
- Press maintenance
- Pre-press operations – plate making
- Loading and unloading of all vehicles on-site
- Vehicle management and scheduling
- FLT training for all Aktrion and client personnel
- Post-press operations – bundling, palletising and despatch of all newsprint.
- Detailed performance management systems to ensure predictability
- Ongoing improvement identification and implementation plans
- Effective administration and audit procedures to manage and improve health & safety
- Training and development plans for all Aktrion staff to improve skill level and increase flexibility
- Development of standard operating procedures for all activities covered by Aktrion staff
- Revised the shift structure and balanced the resource to mirror the work activity profile
- Refined job combinations to eliminate non-value added tasks activity profile
- Developing business cases for the customer to support change initiatives.